Spring weather can be extremely temperamental, but I’m already looking forward to warm summer days and that means summer dresses! One of my favorite dresses is Reformation’s “Sami Dress.”
It’s a cute striped dress that can easily be dressed up or down, and it’s also ideal for layering. This company is truly on the forefront of both ecologically friendly production and ensuring workers rights. They are a relatively new company, founded in 2009, but are extremely committed to the environment and the communities they are surrounded by. Most of their fabric is recycled, which helps keep every season fresh. Reformation is a great example of an American company that is committed to human rights:
1. All of their clothes are made in the USA and the company provides fair wages and health benefits to all of their employees. Other benefits given to employee’s include metro passes to encourage mass transportation, celebrating employee birthday’s by planting trees in their honor with Tree People, and offering a paid day off every single month to offer employee’s a chance to volunteer without having to take a vacation day or have a loss of income.
2. Reformation’s commitment to the environment is nearly unparalleled, most of their textiles are vintage and 90% of their materials are locally sourced. Other efforts to reduce their footprint include recycling 60% of their waste, donating their textile scraps to schools and nonprofits, using renewable energy, recycled hangers and packing to name a few.
3. Their products can be costly, but they are well made and at the end of each season they are discounted tremendously, so you won’t be disappointed if you can wait for the sales!
4. Due to the fact that a large portion of their materials are vintage, Reformation’s clothing has a very edgy look to it that is extremely popular now and unlike what you would find at large retailers.
5. They are also dedicated to closing the gap for minority groups higher up in the corporate scale with an impressive ¾ of their management team being women or people of underrepresented populations.
After reading those key 5 points, what’s not to love about Reformation? You can feel confident and conscious as you shop for new spring apparel. To my male readers, I’ve got some great brands you can love and shop at coming your way. Stay with me!
Sign up to receive notifications on new posts.
Every effort is made to verify the accuracy of these external resources; however, Diana Mao and Nomi Network cannot guarantee or control the content, usefulness, or appropriateness of these sites or that their products are 100% slave free.